BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH FRESH FRUIT
It's breakfast time & what better way to start the day than with an American influence of fluffy buttermilk pancakes, topped with fresh fruit & maple syrup. Serve with fresh coffee and some orange juice for a great start to your weekend.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tsp Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 210ml Buttermilk
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 80g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Strawberries, Blueberries & Maple Syrup (To Serve)
- Combine all the dry and wet ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk. Be careful not to overwork the mixture as this will make the pancakes too tough. The batter should still remain slightly lumpy, not perfectly smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a little sunflower oil.
- Test the frying pan with a small spoonful of batter, if it doesn't sizzle the pan's not hot enough, if the bottom is too brown before bubble appear on the top, it's too hot. Adjust the heat to suit.
- Pour in a ladle at a time for each pancake. When the underside is golden brown, flip the pancake using a spatula and cook on the other side for 30-40 seconds.
- Serve hot with the fresh fruit & maple syrup.