DOLCELATTE CHICKEN, HAM & SPINACH PASTA BAKE
Cheese and pasta is my idea of heaven, if you haven't already search for my macaroni cheese recipes or click here. You don't have to use dolcelatte for this recipe, you can use any other soft blue cheese or gorgonzola. Just be careful when seasoning with salt, as blue cheese & the ham will be naturally salty, therefore less additional salt will be needed. Best served with some garlic bread.
Ingredients: (Serves 6-8)
- 250g Penne
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Cut Into Large Chunks)
- 150g Cooked Ham Hock (Cut Into Large Chunks)
- 150g Spinach
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Plain Flour
- 500ml Whole Milk
- 1Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 100g Parmesan Cheese
- 150g Dolcelatte
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Butter a shallow 1.75 litre/3 pint ovenproof dish.
- Cook the penne in boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain, refresh in cold water and leave to drain again in the colander.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan and quickly fry the chicken over a high heat for about 2 minutes until golden-brown and just cooked through (you may need to do this in batches). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried chicken to a plate and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the flour and whisk together to form a roux. Cook for 1 minute, then gradually add the hot milk, whisking over a high heat until the sauce is smooth and thickened, and allow to boil for 4 minutes. Stir in the mustard all the dolcelatte & half of the parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the sauce as well as the spinach, chicken & ham & stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared ovenproof dish & top with the breadcrumbs & remaining parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until piping hot and golden-brown on top.