CHICKEN, COCONUT & MANGO CURRY
This is the ultimate midweek curry. It doesn't take long to make as the recipe cheats and uses a shop brought curry paste. Also the sweet mango & coconut transforms this from an Indian curry to more of a Thai curry/ moroccan tagine due to the sweet flavours and creamy sauce.
Serving suggestions are flatbread/ naan bread and my moroccan style cous cous. This colourful and vibrant dish is bound to impress your other half, children or guests.
- Knob Of Unsalted Butter
- 6 Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thighs (Sliced)
- 2 Medium Onions (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 6 Medium Tomatoes (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Curry Paste (I Used Rendang Curry Paste)
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 160ml Can Coconut Cream
- 1 Tsp Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Ripe Mango (Peeled & Sliced)
- 3 Tbsp Double Cream
- Handful Coriander (Roughly Chopped)
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken until golden, seasoning it while it cooks. Do not fully cook the chicken, only add colour. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook over a medium heat until soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes followed by the curry paste and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add the stock and bring to a rolling boil until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Reduce the heat, add the coconut cream, sugar and chicken. Simmer for at least 30 minutes but up to an hour until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add the mango and double cream 5 minutes before you are ready to serve. Top with the chopped coriander, and serve with rice/ couscous and flatbread.