JFC (Jonny's Fried Chicken)
These deep fried chicken mini fillets are a great way of bringing a taste of America or KFC home. Buttermilk is the key to a crispy batter & a great moist inside. Serve with chips, corn on the cob & baked beans for the authentic KFC experience.
I haven't included a recipe for the chips, beans or corn on the cob, as these should be self explanatory wether they're homage or shop brought it's your decision.
- 350g Chicken Mini Fillets
- 150g Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Tsp Of Paprika, Garlic Powder, Cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, gas mark 4 & prepare a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the plain flour, cornflour & spices together. Add the buttermilk and mix to combine.
- Toss the chicken into the flour mix, then egg, then back into the flour. Set aside while you heat up the oil.
- Fry the chicken fillets, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry until deep golden brown and crispy, around 7-8 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken fillets on the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven it all the chicken is fried. Serve as illustrated.