MOROCCAN STYLE HUMMUS
It's nearly christmas time, therefore you'll need some nibbles and snacks for your guest either prior to or after the main event. In addition to the turkey sandwiches, sausage rolls, pickled onions & crisps that usually make an appearance in my household, why not try a Moroccan style hummus or a Traditional Hummus. Serve with leftover uncooked veg such as celery or carrots with some pitta bread, crackers or whatever's lying around.
- 3x400g Canned Chickpeas (Reserving The Liquid Of 1 Can)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- Juice Of 3 Lemons
- 4 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt Flakes
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ Tsp All Spice
- ½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp Paprika (For Garnish)
- Add the chickpeas and and half of the liquid to a food processor. Blend to achieve a smooth texture, using more of the liquid and olive oil as you go.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and sea salt and blend once more until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Add the remaining spices & tomato puree and mix well. Leave out the paprika for garnish at the end.
- Spoon the hummus into bowl & create a swirl pattern as per the images and dress liberally with olive oil & paprika.