CHEESE & PESTO STRAWS
My last two posts have been leading up to this very recipe. Cheese & Pesto Straws. First of all if you haven’t check out my recipes for Walnut & Kale Pesto Pesto & pastry are the two essential ingredients for this recipe.
- 350g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 100g Pesto
- 100g Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Handful Of Plain Flour
- Heat the oven to 220c/fan 200c/gas 7. Unroll/ roll out your puff pastry, to roughly a 30x15cm rectangle.
- Spread over the pesto leaving a slight border all the way around the outside. Scatter over a75g of grated Parmesan, then fold in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut into 1cm strips, then twist the strips 3-4 times.
- Lay on a baking sheet, scatter over more cheese and bake for 12 mins, or until golden.