SAUSAGE & EGG CRASH
This recipe has been taken from a recently brought cookbook, John Whaite’s ‘Perfect Plates in 5 Ingredients’. This is one of many recipes in this book that has been a success. A great book for simple recipes, which still look very impressive as well.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 4 High Quality Sausages (I Use Cumberland)
- 2 Small Peppers (I Used Red, But Add A Yellow For More Colour)
- 4 Spring Onions
- 4 Large Eggs
- 50g Manchego Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper To Taste
Tip– Don’t try and be delicate about cracking the eggs in, this recipe is called ‘crash’ for a reason its supposed the be messy.
- Place the sausages into a pre heated oven at 200c and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked slice the sausages into 1cm chunks. Deseed the peppers and finely slice and roughly slice the spring onions.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Once the oil is hot add the sausages, peppers and spring onions and fry until the peppers have softened.
- Reduce the heat to a medium high. Crack the eggs in from a height. Leave them to fry until they are only just set, still with a runny yolk.
- Grate the cheese and scatter over the top. Season to taste and serve immediately.