STICKY CHINESE SAUSAGES
I’ve seen plenty of recipes for Asian flavoured cocktail sausages, the majority of them baking them in the oven for 15-20 minutes in the oven. However this recipe doesn’t require an oven, rather a brisk sauté over a high heat until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce becomes sticky and caramelised.
- 30 Pork Cocktail Sausages (Uncooked)
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Freshly Chopped Coriander
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a high heat. Once warm add the sausages and sauté until they start to brown slightly.
- Mix the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and mustard together in a bowl. Pour the mixture onto the sausages and toss them in the sauce until they are fully coated.
- Continue to sauté the sausages in the sauce until the sausages are fully cooked an the sauce starts to become sticky and caramelise. (Roughly 8-10 minutes)
- Remove from the heat and the sesame seeds and coriander, and mix well. Serve immediately.