SAUSAGE & EGG MUFFIN
Homemade McDonald’s Sausage & Egg McMuffins all made from scratch. This is the best way to re create a fast food favourite. This is a perfect breakfast to serve a crowd and a great way to cure a few hangovers. Add tomato ketchup or brown sauce to suit your needs.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 400g Sausage Meat
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 4 English Muffins (Sliced In Half)
- 4 Slices Cheese (Processed)
- Preheat oven to 150C/gas mark 2.
- Shape the sausage meat into 4 circular patties the slightly larger than the muffins as they will shrink slightly when cooking.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large non stick skillet over high heat. Add the patties 2 at a time and cook the first side for 2 – 3 minutes or until browned. Flip then cook the other side until browned. Place sausage on a lined baking tray and place in the oven to keep warm.
- If you have egg rings this will help to cook a perfect circular egg. (I used silicone, non stick egg rings). If they is an excess of fat in the pan left from frying the sausages, remove all but 1/2 Tbsp.
- Crack the egg into the rings. Cook for 1½ to 2 minutes or until egg is cooked to your liking. Remove ring & flip over the egg until cooked through.
- Next is my favourite bit assemble the muffin with cheese, sausage and egg. Next tightly wrap the prepared muffin in greaseproof paper. Place the wrapped muffin in a microwave at full power for 30 seconds. (If you haven’t got a microwave place the wrapped muffin in the oven at 150c for 5-minutes or until the cheese has melted)
- Serve wrapped in the greaseproof paper and enjoy.