CHILLI & NACHOS
Everytime a conversation about food gets brought up, or someone finds out that I can cook, the same question ensues. What's your specialty dish? I always find this a very difficult recipe to answer on the spot. Is my speciality a recipe that I can make time and time again, never wavering in quality and presentation, or is it a recipe which sometimes doesn't go to plan, but when it does there's nothing better.
The Oxford dictionary defines speciality as 'A pursuit, area of study, or skill to which someone has devoted much time and effort and in which they are expert'
Complying with the definition above would suggest that chilli and nachos would be my recipe of choice. It's a recipe that I've improved and developed over time. It never fails to impress and fingers crossed, I never have any problems with.
Therefore if I ever get asked the question what is your speciality dish, they will be automatically directed to this blog post.
- 250g Chilli Con Carne (Click Here For Recipe)
- 180g Bag Of Nachos
- 100g Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 50g Mozzarella (Grated)
- 2-3 Red Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- Fresh Coriander (Leaves Picked)
- Dash Of Tabasco Sauce (Optional)
- Preheat the grill to high. Meanwhile warm up the chilli con carne.
- Spread the tortilla chips out in a large ovenproof dish. Spread the chilli con carne over the top, followed by the cheese & red chillies.
- Place under the grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Garnish with the coriander and tabasco sauce if using. Serve immediately.