MAPLE ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Brussel sprouts are not just for christmas. Although they are heavily associated with a christmas dinner, they are readily available most of the year round. Personally I'm a massive fan of the sprout and naturally I can't just consume them once a year. Henceforth here's a great recipe to jazz up your brussels sprouts to make them feel at home as a side dish all year round.
- 200g Brussel Sprouts
- 50g Blanched Hazelnuts
- 100g Smoked Bacon Lardons
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Pre heat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4.
- Place the sprouts, bacon 1 Tbsp maple syrup in a baking dish/ tray. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and drizzle over some olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the sprouts have just about started to caramelise.
- Remove from the oven & add the remaining maple syrup and hazelnuts. If you wish slice some of the sprouts in half. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the hazelnuts are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.