A taste of the Middle East with a little less hassle than the traditional version. Rather than dried chickpeas, this uses canned. With the help of a food processor you can make tasty hummus within minutes. Great for an appetiser & in my house, movie snacks. I would recommend having with the Eastern Style Focaccia, flatbread or pita bread.
- 3x400g Canned Chickpeas (Reserving The Liquid Of 1 Can)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- Juice Of 3 Lemons
- 4 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt Flakes
- Paprika, Dried Thyme (Garnish)
- Add the chickpeas and and half of the liquid to a food processor. Blend to achieve a smooth texture, using more of the liquid and olive oil as you go.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and sea salt and blend once more until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Spoon into bowls topped with the paprika and dried thyme & further olive oil if you wish.