CHILLI BEEF & BACON BURGERS
What is more traditional than a barbequed burger in summer, lighting the coals or in my case turning on the gas barbeque. This burger teamed up with some chips, sweet burger buns and an ice cold drink, is a great way to satisfy your summer/ BBQ needs.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 500g Good Quality Beef Mince
- 2 Heaped Tbsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- 4 Sweet Burger Rolls
- 8 Rashers Unsmoked Bacon
- 4 Slices Floppy Cheese (Processed Square Cheese)
- Tip the beef, chilli powder, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well to combine. The mixture should be able to hold together, if not add 1 egg to the mixture to help bind.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and using a 15cm ring press into shape. Wrap the shaped meat with two streaks of bacon. Wrap the other 3 burgers & set aside in the fridge until ready to cook.
- To cook the burgers, place the burgers over direct heat for 4 minutes. Then move the burgers to the outside of your BBQ and cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes on one side. Flip the burgers over for a further 3-4 minutes, placing a layer of cheese on top, close the lid to aid with the melting.
- Take the burgers off the barbecue. Leave to rest on a plate so that all the juices can settle inside. Slice each bun in half. Place, cut-side down, on the barbecue rack and toast for 1 min until they are lightly charred. Place a burger inside each bun, then top with your choice of accompaniment.