RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY BREAKFAST CRISP
The title of this recipe can be used very loosely, 'breakfast crisp'. I don't know if the addition of muesli and natural yoghurt is enough to take a dish, that resembles a fruit crumble into something can be enjoyed in the early part of the day for breakfast or brunch. Therefore this dish has been categorised as 'brunch' and 'sweet' and you as the reader can make up your own mind.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 500g Strawberries (Hulled & Halved)
- 350g Rhubarb (Chopped Into 5cm Lengths)
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 120g Muesli
- 25g Plain Flour
- 100g Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Small Cubes)
- Thick Greek Yoghurt (To Serve)
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6. Place the chopped rhubarb & strawberries in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the flour and 50g caster sugar and toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the topping, mix the muesli, flour and remaining 50g sugar in large bowl. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the baked fruit mixture and bake for a further 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with the thick greek yoghurt.